Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Poppy and Crawford reading the book from Aunt Judy and Uncle Steve, he loves it (read by Grammy and Poppy) Thanksgiving at our house...it had been a very, very, very long day for me...I dont think I had been to sleep!

Family Picture time at the lake...Crawford had to hold poppy's neck! Too cute!
My turkey...it was actually pretty tasty!!!



Crawford playing in the grass at the old Starr Ranch House







Hello to all! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did at our house. Thursday morning early, I got up to cook the turkey, and was a little scared, because when Jason and I got married, I tried it out and of course...it was terrible. Thankfully, this time, it all came out okay. My mother ordered the dressing from someone at the school (thanks mom!!) and I cooked the sweet potatoes, brocolli and rice casserole, and mashed potatoes. Grammy and Poppy (Liz and Walter) brought the ham and rolls and cookies and pumpkin roll. It all turned out wonderful, just way to many leftovers!!! Jason had to work all weekend, but we did get one major thing accomplished....we signed a contract on a house. WOOHOO! Jason's cousin Jeanette has been coming in from Houston to help us, so it has been a pretty smooth ride. Now we are in the option period where all that crud has to be done like inspections, appraisals, and surveys. Friday, Poppy and Crawford went fishing on the pier. No luck catching anything, but I think they both had fun. Saturday we got to ride the Graceful Ghost steamboat on Caddo Lake, which was great. Crawford kept thinking he was on a water ride choo choo train because of the whistle on the boat. He even got to drive. It was lots of fun. We did lots of visiting and got alot accomplished. It was the last full weekends of the hunts for Jason, so he should be slowing down a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment