Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pinewood Derby 2014

When Jason and I found out we were having a boy when I was pregnant with Crawford, his first words were "I can't wait for scouts!" Well, this year, Crawford (first grade) was ready for it to start. This past weekend was the Pinewood Derby. When we got the kit back in December, I pulled up Pinterest and started researching different types of cars. There are so many to choose from. There were wienermobiles, batmobiles, dill pickles, angry birds, and many more to choose from. Crawford immediately told us he wanted a police car because he wants to be like his daddy. (Who doesn't drive a police car, but it was still sweet!) He and Jason sanded it and painted it and put the stickers on and were ready to roll. He didn't place in the top three, but had a smile on his face the entire time. He told me it was okay (we all know how competitive I am) because he did it with his daddy and that was all that mattered. Jason and him have already started deciding what is going to be on next years car. He is on his way to his Tiger patch and will get it next month at the blue and gold banquet. I can't wait for his big smile and for him to get that patch and on his way to an Eagle Scout just like his daddy is. Being a mother to the two sweetest little boys ever is way too much fun. I thank God everyday for giving me these blessings and allowing me to get to spend my life with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment