Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, March 20, 2009

Rough Night...literally

So, being the great mom that I think I am, I decided to take Crawford and Suzee (our 70 pound lab) to walk at the refuge. Mrs. Sherry met me at the gate (I'm a goober and forgot the keys) with their cholcolate (and I mean choc-o-lot!) lab (he is huge, but very sweet!!). So off we went with the dogs and Crawford in tow. When we got about half way around the parade grounds, Suzee decided to chase a car that was carrying small dogs, and Hadji (the big lab) was playing in the water. Mrs. Sherry picked Crawford up because he was whining and realized he had a dirty diaper. Well, we thought we would be smart and just take the diaper off and let him walk naked bottomed for the rest of the way, after all, it was not very far. So, off we went, the two dogs, Sherry, me and the now naked Crawford, walking down the street. Then we had to get the dogs loaded in the explorer, one would jump in, one would jump out. I think this took us thirty minutes all by itself. If anyone was watching me and Sherry, they were laughing till there sides hurt, because I am sure we looked like a three ring circus trying to wrangle the dogs and the naked man. (He had his shirt and hat and cars shoes on!) When we finally got the dogs home an up, Crawford was ready for his bath. He got these really cool soaps for his birthday where you can write on your body and they come out liquid green and blue. Well, he played with those and now his bathtub is green. After all the bathtime fun I put him in his diaper and went to rock him for bed. This is when the blood curling scream came. I had my hand on his leg and looked down at him, his right leg, from the fold to his knee on the inside was raw. I guess our bright idea to let him walk naked was not good. He isnt really chubby legged, so I never thought it would rub like that. So, all night long, if he would touch his leg on the blanket or against his other leg or anything, he would scream. This morning when I was getting him ready for daycare, he screamed when I tried to put jeans on him. So, needless to say, my child is walking like a bow-legged cowboy in his shorts this morning. To all of you that think its cute when your child is naked, make sure their legs do not rub together.

No comments:

Post a Comment