Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mrs. Kara's Class Chair







If I was writing the post about what my nights look like lately, I might have added these pictures and this post. I have to great privelage of working at a private school here in Marshall, TX. Crawford goes to school here and I get to see him alot throughout the day. So, I consider myself lucky. Since this is a private school, we are also privately funded. And since I love my job and need to get paid, we have each year (yes, this is my first, but my coworkers keep me informed)an annual fundraiser and gala. Okay, so this little country bumpkin from Van is like a what?? Yes, a gala. I'm just glad it is casual dress. The pictures are from my chair this year. You see, they give us a raw wood chair and tell us to paint it and we have to someway, incorporate our classes hand or foot into it. So, my wonderful husband and I thought a camo chair (because it is an adirondak chair) would be a great idea. He took it to the refuge and painted it with a little help. Then, my idea was to make little "deer" out of their hands and feet. Yeah, bright idea Kara...and lot's of work!!! Thanks to Mrs. Rosie (another teacher with her own chair), we got busy and got things done. Our chair may not be the prettiest one, or go for the highest bid, but by golly, we did it!! The scripture on the front is "As the deer pants for the water, o my so longeth after the" (ps. 42:1). I love it. It is also one of my favorite praise and worship songs. LOVE IT! So, here is Mrs. Kara's Class 2010-2011 chair for Trinity Episcopal School.

No comments:

Post a Comment